How do I teach the Gatsby benchmarks as part of my school's PSHE programme?
Ages 13-14 : (Theme: Future choices & money) : What careers are available to me?
This pack directly addresses Gatsby Benchmark 2 "By the age of 14, all pupils should have accessed and used information about career paths and the labour market to inform their own decisions on study options." The activities introduce a range of career options and study that is available for students at 16 including apprenticeships and vocational qualifications. The pack also introduces 'career planning' and student self-reflection activities in regard to potential career pathways. If you're looking to include careers education as part of your PSHE and Citizenship scheme, look no further.
This pack contains the following activities:
- My current thoughts (about a career)?
- Keeping your options open-or not?
- What are vocational qualifications
- Different types of employment - pros an cons
- Employment categories and jobs
- Careers wheel (reflection and planning activity)
- Careers investigation