How do I teach my class about teenage pregnancy?
Ages 13-14 : (Theme: Sexual health) : Unintended pregnancy
It’s important not to leave learning about pregnancy options too late and any well-planned PSHE / RSE curriculum will include this topic. Young people appreciate it when teachers are able to articulate clearly the choices that would be available to them in the event of an unplanned pregnancy. This teaching pack deals with these choices and is very much focused on factual information the students need and not about moral or ethical decisions. If you are a faith school you may wish to contextualise these facts within your school values as part of any lesson. This pack contains the following activities:
- Pregnancy - true/false discussion
- Unplanned pregnancy - disadvantages
- Best time to have a baby?
- Unintended pregnancy options - Part 1
- Unintended pregnancy options - Part 2
- What might they decide? (scenario task)
- The cost of bringing up baby